Saturday, April 25, 2009

Warriors Don't Run From Suffering*


* Because it makes them stronger

The US Marines say it this way... "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

Finding life, finding yourself, finding Christ involves pain. But, so does just living. You are going to experience pain in this life. When it comes don't waste it by trying to run from it. Instead, embrace it and let it bring you life.

Then Jesus went to work on his disciples. "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self. What kind of deal is it to get everything you want but lose yourself? What could you ever trade your soul for?
Mat 16:24-26

Here is the formula if you truly want to find yourself (life, freedom, joy, peace, fulfillment)

"If you don't go all the way with me, through thick and thin, you don't deserve me. If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me. Mat 10:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment