Sunday, June 27, 2010

Keep Open House


Do you lower your voice to keep non-Christians from hearing a conversation that you are having with another believer? Why? Is it because you think they would not understand? Is it because you would be embarrassed for them to hear your conversation? Are you embarrassed about your relationship with God or your religion?

I want to be comfortable with who I am and my relationship with God. Even in front of others that may not "understand". That is not possible if I am living some sort of goofy religious lifestyle. I want to be real and honest so that I can fulfill my purpose in being here.

Jesus said "Let me tell you why you are here... (salt and light)... Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven. (Mat. 5)

I don't think that we should go out of our way to air all of our dirty laundry for the world to see just for the sake of being open. But, we should allow who we are to be seen, warts and all, so that others will see that we serve a loving, graceful and generous father who loves us through it all.

I am not perfect but I am perfectly loved by a perfect father. That is something worth being open about.

No comments:

Post a Comment